Our Story

How it all started...

In 1921 the Church of the Nazarene sent a pastor and family into a small college town in rural Northern California. Within 2 years a thriving new church was officially recognized as the Church of the Nazarene of Chico, CA. The original church building was in downtown Chico, on 13th and Broadway. The church continued to add new believers year after year, and those folks realized that if they wanted to continue that growth and meet they needs of the blossoming community, they would need a larger building.


Expanding the vision...

In 1960 they purchased the land that East Ave Church currently sits on, and began to build their new facilities. Originally it was only a simple Sanctuary with small classrooms attached, but as the years progressed, a larger Sanctuary was built on, and additional classroom and office space was added as well.

Where we are headed...

As we work to be good stewards of the building we've been blessed with, we strive to use it to the fullest - to provide opportunities for worship and spiritual growth to all who enter our doors, as well as to use our facilities to bless the surrounding community.

Chico is changing, and our goal is to meet the change - the brokenness - the hurting - the lost, and respond with the hope that only a relationship with our Savior can bring!

Be a part of our story...

Join us every weekend as we gather to worship together Saturdays @ 6PM and Sundays @ 9AM and 11AM.